Born and raised in Quito, Ecuador, Diego earned a bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts and Management from Universidad Equinoccial. But he didn’t stop there. He has taken speciality courses at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris and Boston University. Diego has experience with a wide range of regional cuisines and dietary needs (including kosher, vegetarian, gluten-free, low sodium, paleo, and South Beach). He’s worked in restaurants, country clubs, and five-star hotels in Ecuador and for some of the most prestigious families and professional athletes in Boston.
In December 2014, after 15 years of living and working in Boston, Diego (and De Cuzine) moved to Miami Beach, where he will continue to cook delicious meals for his clients.
For more information, see his resume below or shoot him an email at email@example.com
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Le Cordon Bleu • Paris, France
Boston University Culinary Arts Continuing Education • Boston, Massachusetts
Universidad Technologica Equinoccial • Quito, Ecuador
Bachelors in Management and Culinary Arts 2000
Thesis: Adaptation of National Cuisine for Foreign Markets.
El Pondo del Oro (Gold Pot Award) Second Place Student Category
Instituto Latino Americano • Quito, Ecuador
Associate Degree in Tourism Administration 1993
Certificates: ServSafe and HACCP (University of Connecticut)
Member, American Personal Chef Association, 2001-2004
OWNER AND CHEF
De Cuzine Personal Chef Service
Boston, Massachusetts (2001 to 2014) and Miami Beach, Florida (2014 to present)
- Created customized menus and prepared meals for over 300 private households, including professional athletes, and several prestigous families in New England.
- Planned and executed over 85 private dinner parties, ranging from small intimate dinners to larger events
- Supervised servers, bartenders, somelliers, and sous chefs for large catered events.
- Maintained and stocked pantries for individual clients.
- Customized menus for families and individuals with varied dietary needs and health restrictions.
- Invited to participate as guest chef at the Better Living Home and Garden Show, Bloomingdale’s, and Expo Design Center’s “Kitchens that Cook”
- Featured in the Boston Globe, Boston Magazine, Daily Candy, Stuff @ Night, and selected to be “Harvard Hit” in the Harvard Resource staff newspaper.
CO-OWNER AND CHEF
Fine Cooking Catering
Quito, Ecuador, 1999-2000
- Conceived, managed and supervised local catering business
- Designed menus and prepared meals for special events, weddings, parties and catered affairs.
APPRENTICE AND CHEF
Radisson Royal Quito Hotel and El Condado Private Country Club, Quito Ecuador, 1998-1999
- Worked in all areas of professional kitchens.
- Designed, developed and implemented menu to promote a variety of ethnic foods and themed menus.
- Researched local providers and implemented first hotel sushi bar.
- Prepared hot and cold foods for hotel guests and special events.
References, upon request.